Trainee Grants 2021
Applications are invited for the Trainee Research Awards of the Endocrine Society of India for the year 2021. Awards up to INR 200000 for selected submissions have been created to support outstanding thesis/ research work by first year DM/DNB students from India.
All Postgraduates in First year DM /DNB Endocrinology from any of the institutions in the country are eligible to apply
How to apply?
Send in your projects before 31st July 2021 by email to the Secretary, Endocrine Society of India by email to email@example.com
Do not forget to include:
- A supporting letter from your guide/ head of department stating that this is a bonafide project for your thesis and also mentioning the dates of you joining the program and expected date of graduation. The guide must also state that he/she will stand guarantee for the work done
- Details for electronic transfer for funds. Funds will not be transferred to the trainee but only to the department or institution
- An undertaking by the guide that there are sufficient source of support in excess of the amount sanctioned by the society if the total budget exceeds two lakhs
- A detailed budget
- Thesis proposal approved by the department / appropriate institutional authority
- Approval by the ethics committee
Projects that are considered eligible for funding will be reviewed by the research committee of the ESI.
Disbursement of Grant
A minimum of 50% of the grant amount will be disbursed initially. Further disbursement will be done annually based on submission on progress reports on the work done and utilization of sanctioned amount. These reports may be filed with the secretary of the endocrine society annually.
All grant awardees are expected to present their work at ESICON at times allotted for this. Failure to file progress reports annually and when requested by the society and failure to present progress at ESICON may result in the forfeiture of the grant.
All awardees are expected to follow the tenets of responsible and ethical conduct of research. Unethical or fraudulent use of ESI research funds will warrant adverse action from the society including forfeiture of grant, black listing in the society’s databases and other legal recourses that are available to the society
The society expects that the grant source be acknowledged in all publications and submissions made with regards to the research done with the grant.
All awardees are encouraged to submit their work to the society’s journal : Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism (IJEM.in)
Call for Research Proposals
Research proposals are invited from Indian scientists, who are members of the Endocrine Society of India, interested in conducting research in the field of Endocrinology & Metabolism, for funding by Endocrine Society of India
The proposals may of clinical or translational research importance. A maximum grant amount of INR 4 Lakhs will be sanctioned. All grants will be reviewed by the research committee and the executive committee.
The detailed proposals should include the following:
Title, names of principal and co investigators, summary, introduction/ background, review of literature, aims, methodology, study design and detailed plan of work & bibliography.
Brief biodata of principal investigator and other co-investigators.
Importance of work
Detailed Budget sought along with full justification/ proposed utilization, of funding sought from ESI.
Whether the project is being partly funded from any other source? If yes, please mention the source and the amount received.
Ethics Committee clearance of the Institution or other bonafide body.
All applications should be addressed to:
- The Secretary , Endocrine Society of India
- Soft copy of the research porposal should be sent to Secretary, ESI - firstname.lastname@example.org